Food Inspections & Licenses

Every food manufacturing business needs a license issued by the state agriculture & markets or the county department of health. These licenses have a fee and require annual on-site inspections during manufacturing.

The management of the Entrepreneur Space will assist you in completing the appropriate application and guide you thru the inspection process. We work with all agencies to make sure you are licensed by the right division. The license forms will be filled in during your contract signing appointment. The license type is based on your business, your product and the location where you will sell.

DO NOT APPLY before you have a signed contract!

Types of Licenses

H25-01 Shared use kitchen production (NYC Dept of Health & Mental Hygiene)
Foodpreneurs serving immediate consumption food (think of a sausage and peppers at a street fair and catering companies).

Foodpreneurs selling Wholesale & Retail packaged foods to street fairs, restaurants, gourmet stores, and internet.


The H-15 Temporary Food Establishment Permit  (NYC Dept Of Health & Mental Hygiene)
is mandatory for the foodpreneur to participate in street fairs

Food Sanitation Certificate (NYC Dept Of Health & Mental Hygiene)
Required for all foodpreneurs. Course/test can be taken two ways:
(1) Completing an online course of 15 modules and making an appointment for an in-person test. Cost $24.60
(2) Completing an in person 20-hour course over 5 days (4 hours per day). This includes the test day. Cost  $125.00

Food Cart Inspection Permit
The link will describe the various procedures required to operate a food cart in NYC.